Need a smoother and more radiant glow to your skin?
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe procedure for exfoliating the epidermis (outermost layers) and ridding the skin of fine vellous hair (peach fuzz).This immediately leaves the skin feeling smooth, supple and vibrant. The dermaplane treatment is safely performed using a sterile surgical blade.The blade is held against the skin at a 45-degree angle and stroked along the skin to scrape off the top layer of dulling dead skin cells in order to reveal a smoother, and brighter complexion. Exfoliation is a key component in a good skin care regimen. Makeup will appear a lot smoother on the skin. Promotes smoother and glowing skin. Dermaplaning can be performed every 3 – 4 weeks. Blading the skin actually removes about 2-3 weeks’ worth of dead skin cells.
Enhances other skincare treatments: Chemical peels and Microdermabrasion.
Pre-instructions for Dermaplaning:
- – Do not do the following procedures: electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams, laser hair removal and excessive sun exposure.
- – Stop using Retin-A, Renova, Tretinoin, Differin, Adapalene, or any other products containing Retinol, AHA or BHA, or benzoyl peroxide.
- – Stop using any exfoliating products that may be drying or irritating, such as salicylic acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid and glycolic acid.
Post-instructions for Dermaplaning:
- – Do not use harsh cleansers or exfoliants
- – Patients with hypersensitivity to the sun should take extra precautions to guard against exposure immediately following the procedure as there may be more sensitivity following the treatment.
- – Use a sunscreen with zinc and avoid direct sunlight for at least 3-4 days. (beach or major outdoor activities)
- – Do not have any other facial treatment for at least two weeks after.
- – When washing your face, use a gentle cleanser.
- – Stop the use of exfoliating scrubs for at least four days after.
- – Do not use retinol, alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA), beta-hydroxy acid (BHA) products or bleaching creams for at least 4 days after treatment.
Want a more smoother texture to your skin call Blue Plastic Surgery and Mirage Medi Spa to schedule your appointment today.