Massage therapy is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. The massage therapists at Blue Plastic Surgery Center & Mirage Medi Spa use advanced techniques to relieve tension and provide relief for patients, whether you suffer from a physical ailment or feel emotionally stressed. We offer Swedish and Deep Tissue massages with a choice of 60 or 90 minutes.
is a technique is to relax the entire body but goes beyond relaxation. Swedish massage is exceptionally beneficial for increasing the level of oxygen in the blood, decreasing muscle toxins, improving circulation and flexibility while easing tension.
massage is a type of therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles. It is used for chronic aches and pain and contracted areas such as a stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders.
Before and During:
- Maximize your hands on time by arriving to your appointment before the scheduled time. You want to be sure to get your fully-allotted time as well as make time for any paperwork you need to fill out.
- Tell your practitioner about any major surgeries or injuries you’ve had.
- After discussion with your therapist, wait until the practitioner has left the room before you undress to your comfort level.
- During the massage it is important to COMMUNICATE! If you like or do not like what is being performed (i.e. – technique or pressure) make sure you tell your therapist. They won’t take it personally and you’ll get a better experience.
- Keep phones on silent or simply turn it off, this is your time to relax!
- During your massage it is important that you remember to breathe!
- After your massage, make sure to drink a lot of water to flush out any toxins that may have been released and help with soreness.
- Relax and enjoy!
- If you enjoyed your massage, refer a friend!
Try To Avoid:
- If you are feeling under the weather or contagious, massage could actually enhance your symptoms and make you feel worse, stay at home and get your rest! Just give our office a call and we will reschedule your appointment so that you can enjoy your massage.
- After your massage, rest your muscles. Do not do a heavy workout!
- Try not to eat a huge meal before your massage!
- Avoid consumption of alcohol before and after your massage. Massage increases the effects of alcohol and can act as a stimulant.