Make your complexion radiate!
What is a Chemical Peel? Ready to shed off that dead skin of yours and promote and more youthful and even skin tone? Professionally applied peel solutions exfoliate dead skin cells and help healthy skin cells rise to the surface. These treatments allow deeper layers of fresh and untouched skin to be revealed. The result of monthly treatments can even skin tone, clear acne, and improve the appearance of aging skin.
Peels are safe for all skin types, and PCA Certified Professionals are trained to identify what treatment combination is safe for each person’s skin in order for patients to reap the greatest benefits. Professional peels are increasingly effective with pre-and post-treatment care, balancing your skin before the peel and nurturing it after the treatment.
Peeling is exfoliation. When your skin peels or flakes after a treatment your skin is shedding dead or damaged surface cells and revealing new, healthy skin cells on the surface. This action is called cell turnover. Supporting the cell turnover process with chemical peels is what allows the skin to shed dead cells and bring new, fresh skin to the surface, free of signs of aging, sun damage, dirt and debris. The result is glowing skin.
You won’t necessarily experience visible peeling. That doesn’t mean your treatment was ineffective. Everyone experiences different levels of peeling, dependent upon skin type, resilience, type of peel and the number of layers applied. Some people experience ‘sheeting,’ when large portions of the skin peel off at once. Some experience ‘flaking,’ when small pieces of skin peel off, similar to dry, winter skin or mild peeling after a sunburn. Others experience exfoliation that is not visible. If you don’t peel, your skin is still exfoliating. In this case, the exfoliation is happening on a cellular level that can’t be seen by the naked eye. Typically, the deeper the peel you receive, the more extensive peeling you will experience.
Peels are easy to work into a busy lifestyle. There is no downtime with PCA SKIN chemical peels — you’ll leave your appointment with a healthy glow and able to carry on with your regular activities.
Pre-instructions for chemical peel:
- Do not use Retin-A products (Tretinoin, Tazorac, Differin, Renova) four days before peel appointment.
- Clients with allergies to salicylates (i.e., aspirin) or shellfish may be allergic to certain peels.
- Wait 72 hours before or after having facial hair removal (waxing/laser hair removal/electrolysis, and depilatory creams).
- If you just had BOTOX or injectable fillers (i.e. Juvederm, Radiesse), it is perfectly fine to have a peel immediately after. If you choose to have Microdermabrasion with the peel, it is best to wait a few days before getting your treatment. It is fine to have a peel or Microdermabrasion before BOTOX and/or injectable filler.
- If you need brows and upper lip waxed, it can be done at the same time as your peel. Just make sure you let us know before the treatment begins.
Post-instructions for chemical peel:
- First night, do not wash face at all (at least 12 hours).
- Days 2 through 6 avoid harsh cleansers, scrubs, Clarisonic (or any other scrubbing brushes), washcloths, Retin-A, AHAs, BHA’s or Benzoyl Peroxide.
- Pat skin dry/do not rub. – Immediately following peel take extra precaution to guard against exposure to sun. This means 30 SPF and large brimmed hat (not a visor or baseball cap).
- Avoid strenuous exercise (i.e.: Hot Yoga) with aggressive peels, as sweat gets trapped under the skin leaving little water bubbles (48 hours after a peel to not work out is recommended).
- DO NOT PICK OR PULL THE SKIN, as scarring and hyperpigmentation (brown spots) can occur.
- It is safe to wear makeup the same day depending on the level of peel. Aggressive peels, avoid makeup for 3 days.
- Do not have any other facial treatments/procedures for at least one week after a peel or until flaking stops.
NOTE: Everyone will not experience peeling of their facial skin. However, this is not an indication that the peel was ineffective. If peeling does not occur please know that you are still receiving all the benefits of the peel, such as stimulation of collagen production, improvement of skin tone and texture, and diminished fine lines and pigmentation.
PCA Peels That We Offer:
- Sensi Peel Ultra Peel | Ultra Peel Forte
- PCA Peel with Hydroquinone
- PCA Peel Hydroquinone Free
- PCA Peel with Hydroquinone
- Resorcinol Smoothing Body Peel
Obagi Peels That We Offer:
- Blue Radiance Peel