Bring your skin back to life with a youthful look and glow!
Microdermabrasion is a simple and quick cosmetic treatment with minimal to no downtime. This treatment helps to exfoliate surface layers of skin using abrasion and suction. Light touch uses fine crystals to abrade the skin and vacuum suction to remove dead skin cells that will leave your skin glowing! Your skin will become noticeably smoother even after one treatment and moisturizers and serums will absorb better into your skin. Benefits of microdermabrasion: Improve skin’s overall appearance, improve texture and tone, minimize fine lines and wrinkles, early sun damage (hyperpigmentation) skin, and shallow acne marks.
Pre-Instructions for Microdermabrasion:
- Do not use Retin-A or other exfoliating creams 24 to 72 hours (1 to 3 days) prior to your treatment.
- Avoid sun tanning or tanning creams/sprays for at least a week before treatment.
- You must not have recently had laser surgery or used Accutane.
- Candidates who have had a recent chemical peel or other skin procedure, such as collagen injections, should wait two to three weeks before undergoing microdermabrasion.
- Prospective patients should also refrain from waxing or tanning the skin to be treated for 72 hours prior to treatment.
Post-instructions for Microdermabrasion:
- Do not use glycolic, alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, or benzoyl peroxide for 48-72 hours following treatment.
- You may resume prescription retinoid products (Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin) or other brands, and other prescription retinoid products (Adapalene, Differin, Tazorac,) 3-4 days after last microdermabrasion treatment or as instructed by your Aesthetician.
- Although some peeling may occur in the treated areas, moisturizer should help minimize this effect.
- It is important to avoid irritating the treated skin with harsh chemicals, rubbing or tanning for one week.
- Patients who absolutely cannot avoid sun exposure should use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Avoid staying in the sun for at least 3-4 days after the microdermabrasion treatment to prevent UV rays from damaging your skin which slows down the recovery.